Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Please, Mom!

I had intended to go back to the Y yesterday. And last Monday. And I think the Monday before that... Just haven't been able to find my way. Tonight the girls asked if I'd take them. More specifically, Lea asked if I'd take them because her beau was going to be there and she wanted to show off her new bathing suit. Good Lord help us all.

But I really needed, even kind of wanted to go.

And the morning thing isn't working out - I get so caught up in my morning routine, and that isn't part of it any more.

So we went.

The girls swam and I headed to the gym alone and feeling like a slug.

I did 20 minutes on the recumbent bike and that was it. Don't judge, that's more than I've done in over a month. I would've liked to hit some weights, but there are too many boys there at night. Hopefully we'll go a couple times and light a fire under my butt and I'll start wanting to go in the morning when it's less crowded. I hate cardio. I love weights. If I don't allow myself to do what I love, this will never last.

2 comments:

  1. Something is better than nothing! I least that's what I tell myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's got to be truth to that!

    ReplyDelete