Sunday, March 29, 2009

Yo, yo, yo!!!

It's been awhile. Did you miss me? I think I may have missed you.

I haven't made it back to the gym since the downward spiral began. And weird things have happened with my body. I haven't gained much weight - according to the scale - maybe a pound or two - but I look completely different and none of my clothes fit properly. I am lumpier than I've ever been in my life, and those are not just slightly depressed musings.

So what is the answer?

The obvious answer is to get myself back to the gym - even if it's just to walk 1/2 mile - 1/4 even - something.

But things are rarely as obvious as they seem.

The whole yo-yo dieting thing - lose 50, gain 75 back - does it work that way with exercise, too? If you get something going, then slack off for just a couple weeks, does it put you even further behind than you were when you started? For me this seems to be true.

I suppose the next obvious answer would be, "then don't slack off". But here in the real world, stuff happens. Obligations pop up. Better offers come along. No progress gets depressing. Making a daily commitment is - not realistic.

I don't want to be like this. I am really appalled, actually. I can't believe this is me. It's very very bad.

Anything I start will be put on hold when this surgery is (finally!) scheduled. But I reckon it's not a good idea to put off starting something till after it's over. It could be a couple months.

But the yo-yo effect! What if .....

Crap.

I'm walking tomorrow, if not today.

I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment