Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Jenny, Jenny, You're the Girl For Me!

FINALLY got to meet and take a class from the much admired Jenny today. I've been hearing about her and her Tuesday classes since I started. I started on a Thursday. The following Tuesday she was sick, the following Tuesday I was in Myrtle Beach and last Tuesday she was in Florida. So finally today.

The class was fuller than it has been - apparently folks are very faithful to her and don't show up for a sub. (Again - Amy comparisons are unavoidable...) And I can see why. Girlfriend taught one helluva class. And it wasn't so much that she kicked my ass (Old Sue still gets the prize for that!!!) it was that she was just a really good instructor. She walked around before class and said hello to everyone she did know and introduced herself to those she didn't. She offered modifications - both higher and lower - for almost every exercise. She walked around the class and checked our form. She was really interested in seeing that we not only did it, but did it right. I liked her a lot.

Nice total body workout, again. Followed by a super nice soak in the jacuzzi which is finally fixed. My knees screamed "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!" so loudly I was afraid the ladies taking water aerobics in the pool might hear them.

The bad news, of course, is that the doc is finally thinking what I've been thinking for years, which is: I need a hysterectomy. This involves a 6 week recovery period. I'm just starting to get into the swing of things and I have to take 6 weeks off followed by a slow re-entry period. It's cool, I'll do what I can till then - I'm told the better shape I'm in the easier recovery will be. So I'll never look good in a bikini again... (you better be laughing with me and not at me). Not sure when the surgery will be exactly, yet, but my doc (and I) do feel that it's inevitable.

Also - I know, I know, I know, but I got on the scale and am down 4 pounds from the beginning. Without really watching diet at all. So that is very slow and steady and painless. But I don't want to talk about weight! I don't! I really really don't!!! (but I was sort of thinking if I was down 10 or so before surgery, that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...) Man - trying not to make it about weight truly is the hardest part. I knew it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment