Friday, March 6, 2009

And We Danced

Y'know, you read it and hear it over and over. It should not be a revelation. But exercise can be really fun. Not just the "I like going to the gym and I do enjoy a good burn" fun. I know that. I get that. But also the real, true, "I am just doing this for fun and exercise is a really cool bonus thrown in" kind of fun.

We had karaoke at the pizza shop last night.


Lea singing "My Immortal"

Shelby singing "A Simple Song"

As far as the business is concerned, it was a huge fail. But oh my sweet mother of God was it fun. We - and by we I mean a small group of friends and family - were the only ones there. It was like our private party. Everyone (but me - there are limits!) actually took the mike. Everyone danced. And I mean, we danced a LOT!

It was so fun and uninhibited - because we were among friends. At one point, doing a repetitive line dance, it actually FELT like going to the gym and doing a warm-up. Worlds collide.

Another thing that was super-cool was that boundaries were blurred. Age and size didn't matter. Girls just wanna have fun. I danced with my daughters and my sister and our friends with equally wild abandon. Put your hands in the air like you don't care. There was a lot of laughing, but every bit of it was laughing with, not laughing at. Ok, maybe the boys behind the counter were laughing at. But if you're living your life in a way that is not amusing to silly 16 year old boys, you're living it wrong. Raise the roof.


I bonded with my daughters (they won't soon forget last night), I worked my body a little (tired and deliciously sore) and I just had one helluva lot of fun. How much more win can a night be? (and the answer is: none.)

Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment