Thursday, February 19, 2009

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy

Class was a little easier today, but I think I'm glad because I was dead tired. Enjoyed the jacuzzi. I think some of my classmates have talked me into trying a spin class.

And in case inquiring minds want to know - since joining the Y (and with a vacation in between) I lost 3 pounds. But I'm not obsessing or anything. I swear.

One more thing: I've worked with several instructors here so far. All good. All different. But I find it interesting - and a little distressing - to listen to their - I don't know what you call it - encouraging banter. One kept talking about bikini season and how great you'd look in a bikini when it was all over and how it was worth it to get those bikini abs and bikini bikini bikini. Which made me want to roll my eyes and flick her. Another talked about everything you could eat and or burn off with this workout. Now you can go get that cheeseburger/pizza/ice cream... I don't really have a point to make with all of this, except that it does make it hard for me to maintain the "I'm just doing it for my health" attitude when I keep being told that it really IS all about losing weight and food and looking hot. It isn't, is it? I really don't want it to be. Despite mentioning pounds lost above. I really don't want that.

No comments:

Post a Comment