Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's New! It's Better!

So after yesterdays workout I have an almost imperceptible burn in my abs and my glutes. The glutes is kind of perpetual, so I barely really notice it unless I think about it.

I guess what I'm saying is that I do not have a good satisfying burn and I think I know why.

The instructor was very excited about doing "new things". I get that. It's nice to shake things up - to keep them from getting too routine and boring. To shock and surprise your muscles a little bit. I think what happened yesterday, though, was that she got so caught up in the bells and whistles that she lost track of the whole thing. Simple crunches were embellished with a lot of extra little "and at the same time do this, this and this". I was way more concerned about trying to follow all of these new rules than I was about actually engaging my muscles. In other words: she made it a lot harder than it had to be. And it wasn't as effective.

I hope I see Old Sue again soon... simple exercises, lots of reps, super sore.

ETA: the following morning (almost 48 hours later) slight burn in LOWER abs - a spot in which I'm unaccustomed to feeling the burn... Could I have - once again - judged too quickly?

No comments:

Post a Comment