Monday, February 9, 2009

Pyramid Scheme

After dinner I was sitting on the couch knitting and watching TV and pretty much settled in for the night when both girls started asking when we were going to the gym. I LOVE having workout partners! This rocks so hard! I don't remember the last time anyone told ME it was time to go the the gym!

Since they pleased me so much, I introduced them to my favorite all-time gym activity - leg press pyramids. I ROCKED those bad boys (as I tend to do, if I say so myself) and both girls were impressed, which was totally encouraging. They both did pretty well, too, but Liv needs to work on her form a little, I think, because when she showed me where the burn was, it wasn't in the right place. I'll have to watch her more carefully next time.

We couldn't get 3 cardio machines in a row, so we just walked around the track. We only did 1/2 mile. But something good came of it! Liv said she could actually see now how walking could actually be a challenge. She wants to walk in races with me! I am so excited to have a potential partner for that - I haven't since the girls were babies and I walked with Wendy and Trish - and I think it will be a lot more fun - maybe even easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment