Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's All Good

Well hells bells, last night was the first night at the gym and this morning I find myself eating a healthy breakfast at a reasonable time. Now there is nothing wrong with that. That is, actually, a very good thing. My usual weekday breakfast is: skip breakfast and have a late lunch when I finally get hungry around 3 and snack my way through till dinner. Horrible. So I'm glad I'm doing a good thing. But I'm not as proud as I should be - I'm a little worried. Isn't the next step stepping on the scale? Celebrating every ounce lost and berating myself for every ounce gained? I don't want to do that. But I do want to keep going to the gym, and if that motivates me (instantly!) to start eating better... well... that's all good, right?

Oh, and just for giggles - and in complete defiance of the advice set forth, nee the very title concept addressed in No One Cares What You Had For Lunch: 100 Ideas for Blogging, the following was my breakfast menu:

2 eggs, scrambled with leftover imitation crab meat and a sprinkling of Monterrey Jack, cooked in just enough butter to coat the pan, 1 slice whole wheat toast, and an orange.

Doesn't that sound yummy? Way yummier than skipping? (ok, I know imitation crab isn't universally appealing, but I love it. And it isn't imitation fish - it's some sort of cheap fish, just not crab. And it doesn't taste at all like crab, but I always thought it tasted pretty darn good.) So silly - the skipping habit. And so bizarre that when you eat healthy you get to eat yummy stuff ALL DAY LONG and when you eat unhealthy the way I did, you eat constantly for about 2 hours - usually stuff that is not all that yummy - convenience becomes more important.

So, good, good, good. Except how can I possibly live so good and not lose weight? Remind me: because it feels good and it tastes good.

1 comment:

  1. just keep going at it....I still have to make myself go! And don;t do too much at first...take baby steps!
    what worked for me was exercise and I followed the plan on www.freedieting.com and went to calculator and put in my weight, height, etc and it calculates how many calories u can have and lose 2 pounds a week or more if you want, but 2 pounds is safest and recommended. You will find you don't have to starve and can eat what u choose but just stay within those limits.I lost 30 pounds doing this and exercise and I started out slow.
    I am so proud of you and will keep checking up on u....and don't beat yourself up when you eat too much or put on a pound.....been there,,,just get back up and go forward again!!!

    ReplyDelete